Post title: Counselor
No. of positions: 01, Female
Duty station: Chitral
The incumbent will act as Counselor under the direct supervision of Field Manager/Team Leader.
- To establishing relations of trust and respect with refugees/asylum seekers;
- To encourage refugees/asylum seekers to talk about issues they feel they cannot normally share with others;
- Actively listen to client concerns and empathizing with their position;
- Accepting without bias the issues raised by refugees/asylum seekers;
- To help refugees/asylum seekers towards a deeper understanding of their concerns;
- To challenge any inconsistencies in what refugees/asylum seekers say or do;
- Help refugees/asylum seekers to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward;
- Refer refugees/asylum seekers to other sources of help, as appropriate;
- To liaise, as necessary, with other agencies and individuals to help effect change based on the issues raised by refugees/asylum seekers;
- To maintain individual records.
- Perform any ad-hoc duty assigned by the supervisor
- A graduate with diploma in Sociology/or at least 3 years prior experience in the related field.
- At least 2 years experience in arranging social activities, experience in counseling including experience in related field.
- Effective communication/counseling skills required
- Proficiency in English is essential and Pashto language is preferable
- Computer literacy is essential
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CVs with copies of credentials on the following address latest by 30-Oct-2017.
Admin. /Finance Assistant
Society for Human Rights & Prisoners’ Aid (SHARP)
Khan house, Opp Jamia Masjid,
Jang Bazar, Chitral,
Tel: (0943) 414638