Post title:Â Interpreter (Somali/ Arabic)
No. of positions: 01
Duty station:Â Â Karachi
The incumbent employed under the functional title of Interpreter, will be responsible to: :
- Interpret the statements of refugees / asylum seekers during the interview
- To maintain confidentiality of the claim and information of the applicants.
- Interpret the statements of refugees / asylum seekers during the Police verification interview, at Police post established in the project office premises.
- Interpret the statements of refugees / asylum seekers during counseling process.
- Translate all the relevant documents, including applications of the refugees / asylum seekers, presented during the Registration Interview.
- Prepare protection slip and protection letter for applicants during interview.
- Photocopy all the relevant documents and applications.
- Take and download digital pictures of applicants, prior to Registration or Police Verification Interview.
- Check and submit the files to office assistant for further process to UNHCR.
- Compile, collect and disseminate â€œCountry of Origin Information (COI)â€.
- Assist the admin: staff to distribute the cases to Registration Assistants through Team Leaders.
- Perform any other ad hoc duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Secondary School Certificate or Higher secondary certificate holder with minimum 2-3 years of experience in development sector
- Minimum 1-2 yearâ€™s experience of working in field
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, word)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CVs with copies of credentials on the following address latest by 25-Jan-2018.
Also drop a copy of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin/ Finance Assistant
Society for Human Rights & Prisonersâ€™ Aid (SHARP)
House No. B-204/A, Block 10, K.D.A Scheme No 24,
Gulshan e Iqbal, Karachi.
Tel: (021) 34811571