IntroductionSociety for Human Rights and Prisoners Aid (SHARP), is a non-profit, non-political and non-governmental organization (NGO) registered under Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance 1961 (XLVI of 1961). It was established in 1999.
Registration No: VSWA/ICT/300 on 11th March 1999.SHARP is striving for a human rights friendly Pakistan by working for the well-being of vulnerable segments of the society through various interventions including advocacy, community services, capacity building, emergency response etc. SHARP has served various marginalized segments of the society including refugees, IDPs, women, juvenile delinquents, street children, prisoners etc.) in the following thematic areas:
- Protection especially Child Protection,
- Emergency Response,
- Infrastructure Development,
Vision:SHARP envisions a human rights friendly Pakistan indiscriminative of cast, creed, color, sex, ethnicity and/or nationality.
Mission:SHARP aspires to pursue its humanitarian vision by forging strategic partnerships with like-minded humanitarian community, both national and international and carry out community and policy advocacy, service delivery and capacity building initiatives to protect and empower the marginalized and deprived segments of the society in a bid to garner a socially just and enabling society.
Aims and Objectives:
- To create awareness about human rights
- To eradicate injustice through legal empowerment of general masses
- To promote child protection and juvenile justice
- To support formal and informal access to justice through networking with legal fraternity and provision of legal assistance
- To promote Safe migration to reduce human trafficking
- To promote positive social behaviour by encouraging health, hygiene and WASH education
- To promote the spirit of volunteerism through meaning youth participation
- To promote adherence and effective implementation of CEDAW
- To develop human capital through formal and informal education, skill development and vocational training
- To strengthen the emergency response through DRR and effective DRM