Post title: Programme/Data Officer
Duty station: Islamabad
No. of positions: 01
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Legal Assistance Programme (LAP), the Programme / Data Officer will perform following functions the details of which are articulated below:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the project formulation and programme development of SHARP.
- Familiarize with SHARP policies, standards and procedures.
- Select, organize and summary background information to describe the overall context and background relevant to projects run by SHARP.
- Identify, describe and justify projects in relation to the work being done by SHARP. Draft project documents.
- Monitor specific aspects of project implementation. Identify problems and propose actions or solutions. Draft comments on designated aspects of project progress.
- Participate in office meetings and meetings with national and international organizations.
- Support the Programme Unit in any other tasks assigned.
- Develop technical project proposals.
Expectations on learning and results:
- Gaining a practical understanding of SHARP Programmes.
- Gaining practical experience in working in a multilateral development organization;
- Gaining a better understanding of the complexity of development sector interventions;
- Making valuable contributions to the activities being conducted by SHARP.
- Social skills, team spirit and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
- A great deal of initiative, flexibility, motivation and willingness to learn;
- Ability to identify and analyze problems with project implementation;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team and ability to deal with people;
- Possess strong inter-personal skills
- Plan, Implement, monitor and evaluate Asylum seekers and POR card holders project activities in Islamabad, Lahore, Mianwali, Karachi, Peshawar, Mardan, Kohat and Haripur and ensure timely submission of weekly, monthly and Final Project Report and other statistical, analytical reports reflecting the progress of the project. Work in close consultation and coordination with Director-LAP in terms of project management.
- Keep Director-LAP updated on all project related activities, challenges, gaps and constraints and recommend changes for better functioning.
- Prepare analytical updates of the project activities reported by Team leaders and Field Managers.
- Provide inputs for budget utilization and monitoring, oversee the financial well being of the project by analyzing cost effectiveness and prepare, submit and justify budget enhancement requests to the Admin. /Finance Officer.
- Coordinate and liaise with relevant stakeholder in general and with key staff in particular for smooth and speedy implementation of the projects.
- Coordinate and liaise with beneficiary population, NGO’s, law enforcement agencies, jail officials and civil & public administrations.
- Represent SHARP at all forums of NGO’s, UN Partners, UN Agencies, Cluster meetings etc. as directed by supervisor.
- To maintain and ensure ALAC database and SHARP website management
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize organizational/donor and information needs.
- Design, develop, and modify data management infrastructure to expedite data analysis and reporting.
- Implement policies and guidelines for data management.
- Review presentations, manuscript, tables and graphs for accuracy and quality.
- Develop standard operating procedures for data handling and archiving.
- Maintain data management plans and operating instructions.
- Provide guidance in identifying and defining data requirements.
- Provide technical oversight for integrating new technology or new initiatives into data standards and structures.
- Design and develop databases that are compatible with organization/donor needs.
- Evaluate the design, selection, implementation and support of database changes as per requirements and design documents.
- Maintain internal data asset/ library.
- Train and facilitate teams when needed.
- Assist in setting milestones and timelines.
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all datasets.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Perform any ad-hoc duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Candidate should possess/ have/ be:
- Masters Degree in social sciences or relevant.
- 5-6 years of work experience in development sector.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, have excellent English, Urdu writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Dynamic and with a solid sense of responsibility.
- Computer-literate: keyboard skills, good knowledge of MS Word & MS Excel features (templates, styles, etc.), Internet and revision tools etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
By Post: Please send your CVs with copies of credentials on the following address latest by 10th September, 2019 at:
Society for Human Rights & Prisoners’ Aid (SHARP)
House # 02, Postal Colony, CMT Road,
Golra Morr, Islamabad
Tel: 051- 2315171