Afghan refugees holding Proof of Registration (PoR) or UNHCR-issued documents, who are planning to return to Afghanistan from Pakistan under the UN Refugee Agency’s facilitated voluntary repatriation programme are informed, that the UNHCR Voluntary Repatriation Centres (VRC) in Azakhel, Nowshera and Baleli, Quetta will be closed on the day of Pakistan’s general election, Wednesday 25 July 2018.
The centres will reopen on Thursday, 26 July 2018.
As per usual practice, Afghan refugees in Pakistan who wish to proceed through the VRCs after the facilitated returns resume are encouraged to contact the following UNHCR helpline numbers, which are operational between 8am to 8pm, before approaching the centres.
The helpline numbers in Pakistan are given below:
- Peshawar Helpline: 0300-858-5600
- Quetta Helpline: 0300-1511636. 0333-781-9601
- Islamabad-Punjab: 03005018568
- Karachi helpline: 03341112008
The emergency contact numbers of Encashment Centres in Afghanistan are as follows:
- Kabul, Kabul province: 0093 (0)791 990 244
- Samarkhel, Nangarhar province: 093 (0) 791990203 or 0093 (0) 791990236
- Jamal Mayna, Kandahar province: 0093 (0) 791990368, or 0093 (0) 791990370
- Herat, Herat province: 0093 (0) 791990091
Please contact UNHCR Kabul repatriation unit 0093 (0) 791990019 in case the Encashment Centres cannot be reached.