No. of positions: 01
Duty station: Mianwali
The incumbent will act as Lawyer under the supervision of Field Manager/Team Leader:
- To provide legal assistance at police stations/detention facilities upon arrest/detention of person of concern (POCs) including interventions in short term detentions of POCs.
- To represent POCs in courts in cases of arrest/detention mainly those charged under the Foreigners Act and/or preventive laws for the time being in force.
- To represent and facilitate the POCs in matters/issues of civil/family/tenancy.
- To provide individual legal counseling and advice at ALAC offices and through help lines.
- To provide out of court legal assistance including dispute resolution through alternative measures.
- To reach out to POCs for dissemination of relevant legal information during Shura meetings and facilitate group discussions.
- To represent POCs in criminal cases on as and when required basis and/or authorized by UNHCR.
- To flag and refer to UNHCR, individuals/cases who are or might require international protection.
- To maintain regular coordination with Law Enforcement Officials, judicial officers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform any task assigned by the supervisor and senior management.
- Law graduate (B.A, L.L.B)
- Holder of valid Lawyer license
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience as a Lawyer.
- Good knowledge of substantial and procedural civil law/criminal law.
- Specific knowledge of Foreigners’ Act would be an asset
- Proficiency in English.
- Computer literacy is essential
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CVs with copies of credentials on the following address latest by 28-February-2018.
Admin/ Finance Assistant
Society for Human Rights & Prisoners’ Aid (SHARP)
House No 5 A, Rehman Street, Usama Garden
Near Muslim Colony, Mianwali.