Post title: Interpreter (Somali/Arabic)
Duty station: Karachi
No. of positions: 01
The incumbent employed under the functional title of Interpreter, will be responsible for:
- Interpret the statements of refugees / asylum seekers during the interview.
- To maintain confidentiality of the claim and information of the applicants.
- Interpret the statements of refugees / asylum seekers during the Police verification interview, at Police post established in the project office premises.
- Interpret the statements of refugees / asylum seekers during counseling process.
- Translate all the relevant documents, including applications of the refugees / asylum seekers, presented during the Registration Interview.
- Prepare protection slip and protection letter for applicants during interview.
- Photocopy all the relevant documents and applications.
- Take and download digital pictures of applicants, prior to Registration or Police Verification Interview.
- Check and submit the files to office assistant for further process to UNHCR.
- Compile, collect and disseminate “Country of Origin Information (COI)”.
- Assist the admin: staff to distribute the cases to Registration Assistants through Team Leaders.
- Perform any other ad hoc duty assigned by the supervisor.
Candidate should possess/ have/ be:
- Secondary School Certificate or Higher secondary certificate holder with minimum 2-3 years of experience in development sector.
- Minimum 1-2 year’s experience of working in field .
- Proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, word).
HOW TO APPLY:
By Email: Please send your CVs by 23-Sep-2018 at email@example.com.
By Post: Please send your CVs with copies of credentials by 23-Sep-2018 at:
Society for Human Rights & Prisoners’ Aid (SHARP)
House No. B-204/A, Block 10, K.D.A Scheme No 24,
Gulshan e Iqbal, Karachi.